Jobs for Life (JfL) offers a unique solution to poverty and joblessness in communities and for individuals across the country. Today, ministries in over 160 cities and 34 states are leading Jobs for Life training classes providing biblical job training, ongoing assistance, and hope to those in their community who struggle finding and keeping employment. Both JfL's program for adults and it's recently released program for young adults, Powered for Life, provide powerful tools for churches and ministries to transform lives and their communities as people learn God's gift of work, find employment, and experience life in Christ.
Every JfL student has a JfL champion (a mentor or a group of mentors) who provides the student friendship and support both during the training and following graduation. With this training and support system, churches and community organizations provide a reliable, trustworthy workforce to meet the employment needs of the companies in their area.
- Understanding my life journey and my value as an employee
- Overcoming Roadblocks
- Perseverance, positive attitude and conflict resolution
- Succeeding through adversity
- Integrity in the workplace
- Effective communication skills and customer satisfaction
- Developing a vocational plan and a stellar resume
- Managing employer expectations and taking responsibility for my actions